The world’s favorite season is the spring. All things seem possible in May
― Edwin Way Teale
Hey lovelies! Happy new month. Happy May!
May is my fav month of the year. Not only because it’s my birth month but because it’s the start of summer holidays in my country. Summer=no school=no stress=a well deserved vacay!
In light of that, here are some fun facts about the month of May that I myself didn’t know (until now):
- In Latin (which is the language those old ancient Romans spoke), “Maia” is connected to a word that means increase or growth
- May’s birthstone is the emerald which is emblematic of love and success💎
- The United Kingdom celebrates May as the National Smile Month.
- Flower Month: May is flower month! 🌸 🌹🌺🌻🌼🌷
- No US President has ever died during the month of May!
- In 2004, a study of 40,000 people showed that people born in May think themselves luckier than those born in any other month 🍀
- Nine UK prime ministers were born in May, which is more than any other month!
- Some people believed that if you got up on May 1st and washed your face in the May dew, it would remove all freckles and pimples, giving you a great complexion! – if only this were true😩
I’d also like to announce – drum roll please – that my birthday’ll be coming up soon! #birthday2k17 📢🎂🎈🎆🎉🎊❤😊
That’s all for today. Keep shining and winning ❤😊